Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Chicago Area Lily Society sale Sunday at Botanic Garden

For those in the Chicago area who might be interested, the Wisconsin-Illinois Lily Society will be having their spring lily bulb sale this Sunday at 1 pm, followed by a free lecture. It will be held in the Education Center at the Chicago Botanic Garden.

Wisconsin-Illinois Lily Society Lily Lecture

March 14, 2 p.m.

Preceded by the Society's Spring Bulb Sale, starting at 1 p.m.

Featuring unusual lily bulbs at affordable prices just in time for spring planting.

The Wisconsin-Illinois Lily Society presents a lecture, "Put Glam in Your Garden with Lilies," on Sunday, March 14, at 2 p.m. Winnetka resident Woodruff Imberman, president of the Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society, will teach simple propagation techniques for growing lilies, and describe the wide variety of lilies that flourish in the Chicago area. Attendees will learn how to design a garden with lilies so that some are in bloom all summer long. Mr. Imberman is the author of numerous articles in regional and national horticultural magazines on lilies, is an amateur lily hybridizer, and has won many awards for his lilies.

I donÂt know what varieties they are offering (IÂm just a member, and a new one at that, not an organizer). My garden is so stuffed that I like being able to buy one, rather than 3, of something as the online vendors always seem to sell them.

For those who arenÂt Botanic Garden members, the Garden does charge for parking (thought I should give a heads-up, just in case!).

Here is the Garden website in case you want to see what else is going on that day to help justify the trip. ThereÂs a gesneriad show and sale too. (African Violets, etc.)

http://www.chicagobotanic.org/plantshows/winter.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Botanic Garden winter shows

Comments (3)