Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftlady07_gw

transplanting

craftlady07
16 years ago

My husband and I just moved into our first home this past december. We left behind some asiatic lilies out our old place (a rental). We're allowed to go back and dig up the perennials we left behind, some of which are asiatic lilies. The are probably no more then an inch or 2 high right now (they didn't usually bloom until may for me I think). Do you think I can go and dig them up and transplant in my new garden? Any precautions I should take? (I would not let them set out and dry out and my old house is only 20 mins away from my new house). Or should I wait until they bloom/die off and then transplant over the summer/fall?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• kayman
    16 years ago

You can move the bulbs at any time if you need to, even in full bloom, without it affecting them too much. It might be easier however to wait for a few weeks until the stems are past the 'asparagus' stage since young stems are particularly brittle and easily damaged.

• craftlady07
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you!
    I think I'll be heading over that way in a few weeks to pick up my siberean irises so I'll grab my lilies then too.
    Thanks,
    ~Andrea