Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what if i dig them up?

Posted by hudvalley z7 VA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 07 at 18:00

going to put in a new rose bush on a week or two (when it arrives) and i know i put some asian and oriental lillies around the spot somewhere last fall. what if i dig them up? will they do ok replanted?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what if i dig them up?

I just dug up some lilies, and there was almost no new root growth. I really doubt that you will harm them at this time of year, as long as you don't let them dry out. Get them back into the ground as soon as possible.

o
RE: what if i dig them up?

You can dig them up this time of year , make sure the new hole is well watered don't keep them out to long , you may lose some blooms this year but not necessarily if the dirt balls are big enough , don't dispare!

Get them in their new home asap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here