Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lily leaves going crusty brown

Posted by JSeymour none (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 10:43

Hi there,

I have three asiatic lilies (golden jubilee) in a tub on my windowsill. They bloomed marvelously, however are now without any blooms and have some discoloured, shriveled leaves - the first leaves at the base, and the tips/sides of a few nearer the top. Is this normal, or is it a parasite? I know they're supposed to be grown outdoors, however i don't have a garden and so put them on my very sunny sill as they came from the garden shop. There are three in a 9" (ish) tub, so I had thought they might be a bit crowded? I have been fertilizing with Miracle Grow liquid feed once a week. I've attached a link to an apple icloud page (very reputable, don't worry) with a picture from a few days ago showing blooms and a picture from today.
Any thoughts garden gurus?

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple iCloud Photostream Images

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lily leaves going crusty brown

I might expect a leaf or two here and there to go, but if it does spread more, you might consider your fertlizer. Even if you did the 1/2 strength measurement for indoor plants or some potted plants, it might have still been too much for this particular plant.

Also, it looks fine for water with no drooping leaves or stalks, but underwatering is also another possibility with dry and brown-looking leaves.

3 in your 9" pot is OK, so it's not related to overcrowding as long as they all get sufficient watering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here