Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sendy2

My 17 Yr Old Peace Lily Problems

sendy2
9 years ago

I have a peace lily I brought home from my Grandmother's funeral 17 years ago. It has seldom done what I would call really well but some years it has flourished more than others. Well, a couple of years ago my husband re-potted it (the 2nd re-pot) and he put it in twice as large of a pot than it was previously in and covered the base of the plant (above the roots) by over an inch (maybe more). He also used a fertilizer (don't know what). Since then it has not done well. In fact it has withered to almost nothing. It still keeps trying...growing new little leaves all the time but they wilt, turn dark and die fairly quickly. Now my plant (which once was about 20" high and 15" wide) is about 3 inches tall and 5 inches wide. It is so sick. :(
I am planning to replant it in a smaller pot and see if that will help (and trim any dead roots) but first I'd like to know from anyone out there that might be able to help...how long do peace Lilies live normally? And, is there anything else I should do? What do you think it's problems are/were? HELP!
Thanks,
Cindy

This post was edited by sendy2 on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 12:31

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting