Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 17 Yr Old Peace Lily Problems

Posted by sendy2 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 15:13

I have a peace lily I brought home from my Grandmother's funeral 17 years ago. It has seldom done what I would call really well but some years it has flourished more than others. Well, a couple of years ago my husband re-potted it (the 2nd re-pot) and he put it in twice as large of a pot than it was previously in and covered the base of the plant (above the roots) by over an inch (maybe more). He also used a fertilizer (don't know what). Since then it has not done well. In fact it has withered to almost nothing. It still keeps trying...growing new little leaves all the time but they wilt, turn dark and die fairly quickly. Now my plant (which once was about 20" high and 15" wide) is about 3 inches tall and 5 inches wide. It is so sick. :(
I am planning to replant it in a smaller pot and see if that will help (and trim any dead roots) but first I'd like to know from anyone out there that might be able to help...how long do peace Lilies live normally? And, is there anything else I should do? What do you think it's problems are/were? HELP!
Thanks,
Cindy

This post was edited by sendy2 on Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 12:31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 17 Yr Old Peace Lily Problems

hi! your peace lily is not a species lily
"Certain species of Spathiphyllum are commonly known as Spath or Peace Lilies."

i hope that will help direct you to the right place

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here