Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Des Plaines IL: Lily growing presentation April 12

This Saturday, April 12!

A slide show and talk will be given in a NEW location, Lurvey's Garden Center in Des Plaines. I've been to Lurvey's myself, and it is quite impressive. Worth the trip to browse after the presentation.

LILY EXPERT TO GIVE FREE PUBLIC LECTURE
AT LURVEY'S GARDEN CENTER/ DES PLAINES ON SATURDAY APRIL 12

Dr. Woodruff Imberman will present the free, public slide show/talk "Glam Up Your Garden With Lilies," at 1.00 PM on Saturday, April 12 at Lurvey's Garden Center, 2550 E. Dempster Ave., in Des Plaines.

Imberman is past president of the Lily Society and lectures widely on lilies at garden clubs throughout the Midwest. He is the author of numerous articles in regional and national horticultural magazines on lilies, is an amateur lily hybridizer, an accredited international lily judge, and has won many awards for his lilies.

Those attending the talk will learn simple propagation techniques for growing lilies, hear about the wide variety of lilies that flourish in our area, and how to design a garden with lilies so some are in bloom all Summer long.
Imberman's talk, one in the Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society's 16th Annual Spring Education Series, is part of its public outreach program for gardeners interested in growing and propagating true lilies. Lurvey's Garden Center is one of the North Shore's leading garden centers and garden design firms.

Photo of "Alchemy," courtesy the Lily Garden. The Lily Society works with top breeders to obtain the best quality bulbs at the best prices. This variety was sold at one of our bulb sales last fall! I have 3: truly spectacular!

Comments (2)