Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Des Plaines IL: Lily growing presentation April 12

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 17:43

This Saturday, April 12!

A slide show and talk will be given in a NEW location, Lurvey's Garden Center in Des Plaines. I've been to Lurvey's myself, and it is quite impressive. Worth the trip to browse after the presentation.

LILY EXPERT TO GIVE FREE PUBLIC LECTURE
AT LURVEY'S GARDEN CENTER/ DES PLAINES ON SATURDAY APRIL 12

Dr. Woodruff Imberman will present the free, public slide show/talk "Glam Up Your Garden With Lilies," at 1.00 PM on Saturday, April 12 at Lurvey's Garden Center, 2550 E. Dempster Ave., in Des Plaines.

Imberman is past president of the Lily Society and lectures widely on lilies at garden clubs throughout the Midwest. He is the author of numerous articles in regional and national horticultural magazines on lilies, is an amateur lily hybridizer, an accredited international lily judge, and has won many awards for his lilies.

Those attending the talk will learn simple propagation techniques for growing lilies, hear about the wide variety of lilies that flourish in our area, and how to design a garden with lilies so some are in bloom all Summer long.
Imberman's talk, one in the Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society's 16th Annual Spring Education Series, is part of its public outreach program for gardeners interested in growing and propagating true lilies. Lurvey's Garden Center is one of the North Shore's leading garden centers and garden design firms.

Photo of "Alchemy," courtesy the Lily Garden. The Lily Society works with top breeders to obtain the best quality bulbs at the best prices. This variety was sold at one of our bulb sales last fall! I have 3: truly spectacular!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Des Plaines IL: Lily growing presentation April 12

I'm pretty sure I have this lily and purchased it years ago from this plant society. Any idea when they are having their plant sale?

o
RE: Des Plaines IL: Lily growing presentation April 12

The annual fall bulb sale is held in October, usually second or third weekend. I'll be posting the date, once I know it, plus reminders, on the Lily Society Facebook page, "Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society."

I love this one! It's just electric!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here