Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Propagation from seed ?

Posted by clavero (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 19:05

I'm new to the Forum. We have several Trumpet Lillies in the yard and have considered collecting seed. I searched the Lily FAQ and found this reference but could not find any follow up on the suggestion to see "How do you propagate Lilies"

Here's the FAQ quote:

2) Trumpet/Aurelian Lilies Probably the grandest and tallest of the Genus, this class of lilies are known for their towering (often up to 8 ft. tall!) stems of heavy scented trumpet shaped flowers. The familiar Easter Lily falls into this division. Easily raised from seed, most bulb companies offer seed grown strains that all closely resemble each other and share the same name; only a selected few are reproduced asexually (see "How do you propagate Lilies?"). Trumpets bloom in midsummer.

Can anyone offer suggestions for propagation from seed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Propagation from seed ?

HI
Trumpet lilies from seed are very easy. I have about 500 or 600 seedling going right now. Here is a link to a great resource on growing lilies from seed.
http://www.open.org/~halinar/lilygermination.html
Dennis From
St.Louis

o
RE: Propagation from seed ?

Thanks Dennis...exactly what I was looking for.

Steve in CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here