Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennatural

Mona Lisa Oriental Lily Help

JenNatural
11 years ago

Hello. I'm new here. I got a Mona Lisa Oriental Lily at Easter. There were about 5 bulbs(proper term?) about to bloom. 3 did. I watched their growth and it smelled amazing in my room. They're by my window. The problem is the weather is unpredictable here in Canada, so it got cold. The bulbs and the flowers started browning. Is this a sign of over watering? Did they 'freeze'? I think I only watered once a week, but I may have put too much. Some leaves at the bottom started turning yellow.

I removed the browned bulbs and flowers, I cut them off a bit from their stems. Was this a bad idea?

I am not very knowledgeable and would like to be better informed and take great care of my plant. Do I move it away from my window because it's getting colder? Do I leave the steam and leaves there or cut it eventually?

I also had some yellow lilies, which I planted outside, after many years of them being fine in a pot. So, I'll see how that turns out. I planted a few of their bulbs, the white ones under the earth.

Appreciate it!

Comments (3)