Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asiatic Lily not Blooming

Posted by arlene212 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 07 at 22:10

Hi, I purchased some beautiful orange asiatic lilies about two months ago, I planted them in a pot and they were beautiful for about a month. Now all the flowers are gone, with no sign of new buds. The stalks are very healthy, they look great. Is this the normal cycle of this plant? Is there anything I can do? Any advise, or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asiatic Lily not Blooming

Lilies only bloom once per year. That's the nature of the plant. Those lovely green leaves are busy making food and helping the bulb store up energy to bloom again next year.

o

In your zone they will not bloom again if you will not chill them for several weeks in winter.

o

Thank's for the feedback.

o

Yes you need to give your Lilies a chilling period. They will not bloom again inless they are given a period of about 6 weeks where they are frozen. It is best if you can leave them in the pot and freeze the whole thing. After that they will regrow. In zone 10 this is a problem willl bulbs that NEED to bew frozen like tulips, daffs, lilies, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here