Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indica_

A lily story

indica_
14 years ago

i love lilies, having bought a home about 7 years ago i started a lily garden. i planted some hostas and astibles coral bells. learned a lot about gardening and really devolped a passion for it. i now spend hours every week out in the yard. best hobby i have ever had. i have as far as i know these specific lilies growing, there are a few more i forget and some may have disappeared, i'm bad with tracking this stuff. this year i added some more yellow/red/white asiatics, that i hope not to have any virus from walmart.

black beuty

'lolipop'

miniature orange asiatic

pink, and red asiatic hybrids

'orenia' orientpet

'easter lily'

star gazer

after about 2 years some most of my asiatics started producing bulblets like crazy, i planted many of the tiny ones around my garden. . . 2 years later i now had a multiple of these asiatics growing and producing just as many bulblets. so this year and the last few years i must divide them and give away as much as i possibly can. i have given away literally hundreds of bulblets. all around my garden the ones that got left behind or i planted and forgot are coming up. single leaves, or stems that will support blooms. reds/pinks/lolipops everywhere. my main enemies in the garden so far have been bugs and children/pets. slugs were bad one year then i learned to mulch better. aphids and random plant eating bugs wiped out some beautiful trumpets i had, still hoping they will magically appear one year. added a bird feeder to the garden this year to see if that will help any. never had much of a problem with squarrals/rabbits or other rodents eating my lilies maybe because last year they ate all my gladiola bulbs. and rabbits had their fill of crocus this year.

Comments (4)