Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Is Going On With My Lilies

Posted by jennifer960490 IL (My Page) on
Mon, May 22, 06 at 1:32

Good morning,

I am sending a SOS cause I don't know what is happing to my lilies. First I was told wilt, then leaf scorch so bought I bought a bag of lime and mixed it in with my soil, then I was told leaf spot and last a virus, I need to know what this is, can it be treated and if so with what, will my lilies live to bloom or will they die, and are they healthy.
The link listed below is where my pics are viewable. Please help me I am new at this.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/Jennifer960490/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Is Going On With My Lilies

• Posted by blc63 z7 Raleigh NC (My Page) on
    Mon, May 22, 06 at 10:51

Jennifer, your link isn't working so I cannot see your pic, but I wanted to ask what kind of lilies you've planted. I ask because I know Oriental lilies prefer acidic soil, so I'm worried about you adding lime. Try posting another pic.

o

Lime (Calcium Oxide) will indeed turn your soil basic. Lilies prefer slightly acidic soil. Ammonium phosphate is the way to go.

o

May be to late but you description sounds like it could be Botrytis. The lily may look like the after effects of a fire, leaves are brown. If this is the disease, spray with Maneb, Mancozeb or a copper spray. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here