Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rabbit Damage- New Idea

Posted by lesmc 6a (My Page) on
Sat, May 2, 09 at 10:20

I posted this on Rose Forum, but also wanted thought from my lily friends. My mother said her grandmother would put an egg in her garden near plants that rabbits loved.I tried this and guess what? NO DAMAGE!! I have terrible rabbit problems. I spray my lilies and I cage some to keep the rabbits from destroying all my hard work. Could the egg really keep rabbits away? Or, is this just a fluke? Please let me know your thoughts on this. My heart breaks when I see a new lily shoot munched down as I`m sure yours does too. Thanks, Lesley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rabbit Damage- New Idea

A whole egg? Or smooshed egg?

o

I just layed a whole egg in the garden close to several lilies. The white egg really shows up. I had not sprayed or caged these lilies and they are untouched while others are chewed. I don`t understand this and it might be a fluke! I will let ev eryone know if the rabbits chew these lilies, but so far, no.

o

i will try this out next spring when my crocus come up. rabbits would rather eat those then my lilies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here