Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tiger lilly

Posted by shrimp009 (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 08 at 11:25

I cannot find my grand daughter's favorite lilly. It is the original big orange tiger lilly with black dots in the orange bloom. Can someone please tell me where I can purchase the bulbs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tiger lilly

• Posted by hld6 z7 MD (My Page) on
    Fri, May 16, 08 at 21:12

Tiger Lily can be found from a number of mail order places. I've had good luck with Brent and Becky's bulbs.
If the active link doesn't work just copy and paste the link below into your browser address bar.

-Helen

http://www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/summer/productview/?sku=84-36

Here is a link that might be useful: Brent and Becky's Tiger Lily

o

I love the true tiger lilies. Usually K-mart has them by the bag/box. The big box bulbs might not be premium size (but the price isn't premium either); however, I've bought them - they sprout, bloom, spread by the little bulbils that form in the leaf axils and drop on the ground, and come back year after year bigger and better.

Don't know your location, but finding bulbs locally often depends on where you are. Here, the summer flowering bulbs are in the stores in the early fall for immediate planting. In warm/warmer climates they might be available in the spring or all year 'round.

You might get lucky and find one already grown and ready to bloom at a local garden center. Even though they're common, people still love them.

o

If you are not successful in finding it for sale, I will be happy to send you a bulb or two and many bulbets in the fall. I have way too many of them. diene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here