Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lily Sprout Concerns...

Posted by somebodygeneric Zone 6 (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 14 at 12:36

I bought a lilium regale bulb that already sprouted. I planted it with the tip sticking out in the dirt, but the sprout seems to be getting less green and more... pinkish on the outside? Is that normal? The sprout hasn't gotten any bigger yet, and it's been four days since I planted them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lily Sprout Concerns...

I'm not sure but I think it needs a little more soil on it. I have seen the pinkish color you are referring to and another gardener told me it needed more soil.

o

I dug it up, and I'm not entirely sure whether it's alright or not? Some of the scales felt mushy (I'm not sure if this is from rotting, or from rehydrating itself after being in a bin for so long), and there wasn't any root development on the bottom of the bulb, though there were some roots coming out near the base of the sprout. Help?

o

the stem stalk turns white/pink as it grows up to the surface. not sure about the root development near the base of the sprout.. make sure it's well planted back in and put the tip just under the dirt. it may have some freeze damage?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here