Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sugs for daylilies w/ Casa Blanca lily?

Posted by psims9 z7 NC (My Page) on
Wed, May 10, 06 at 13:01

I am putting in a new perennial bed that will include Casa Blanca lilies. I would like to include some daylilies that will be in bloom at the same time as the Casa Blanca Lilies. My preference would be for daylilies that rebloom at the same time as the Casa Blancas to extend blooming in that bed. I tend to like pink, red, and purple daylilies the best. Any suggestions? If any of you have Casa Blanca lilies and daylilies together in your garden I'd love to know what you grow (pics appreciated too!)
I'd also appreciate suggestions for perennials that will bloom with the Casa Blancas to make a pretty display.
Thanks,
psims9

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sugs for daylilies w/ Casa Blanca lily?

Well here are a few of my favorites in the color ranges and blooming times you suggest. These are not my photos because I just got my camera since last blooming season. But I do have most of these lilies and they bloom reliably, some like Cranberry Cove, bloom most of the summer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cranberry Cove

Royal Eventide (and a double to boot)

Mask of Time

Bankok Belle

Some perennials if you'd like to stay in the same color range would be:

Penstemon (come in all three colors you specified, blooms late)
Scabiosa (comes in lavender and pink and blooms all season)
Achillea "Paprika" (bright red and mid-season bloomer)
Verbascum (comes in all three colors, mid-season bloomer)
Butterfly bush (comes in all three colors, late bloomer)
Coreopsis "Lime Rock Ruby" (red variety, mid-season)

Here is a link that might be useful: For some nice daylilies

o
RE: Sugs for daylilies w/ Casa Blanca lily?

botanybabe,
Thank you very much for your reply and the pictures. I will look into these daylilies. I am new to daylilies and quickly became OVERWHELMED with the sheer numbers of beautiful daylily varieties with different colors, bloomtimes, etc.
I also appreciate the info on the other perennials.
psims9

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here