Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Day Lily question

Posted by arkiegirl Arkansas 5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 07 at 13:32

When I lived in Illinois years ago I had several lilies that had the foliage of a Stella D'ora but the foliage was fuller and the flowers taller and much bigger and of various colors. What type of lilies do you think these are?

I purchased lilies here but they grew on one stem and really tall. I am looking for lilies that have bushy type foliage.

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Day Lily question

• Posted by phylrae z5a/centralNYS (My Page) on
    Sat, May 12, 07 at 21:31

Arkiegirl,
I'm a little confused as to which type of plant you are asking about. This forum specializes in the Lilium-the botanical name for lilies. Then there is another whole forum on Gardenweb for hemerocallis, the botanical name for daylilies, if you would like to ask them this question. Stella D'Oro, for example, is a daylily, not a true lily.
Hope this helps! :0) Phyl

o
RE: Day Lily question

It sounds like you are looking for daylilies. The foliage is larger than Stella according to the variety of the daylily. Daylilies also come in different heights with 36" tall being the tallest I have. Go to the daylily forum & look around I am sure that is where you want to be. Look out though you can't buy just one daylily because so many are so beautiful. One good thing is daylilies are easy to grow & multiply quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here