Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is a 'cherry vanilla lily'?

Posted by love_a_lily (My Page) on
Tue, May 18, 10 at 16:49

I recently had a relative order me lilies from Publishers Clearing House that were called "cherry Vanilla Lilies" and when I called PCH to find out the real name of them since I could not find any info online they could not tell me anything but the description. They are a creamy white with a cherry red center. Has anyone ordered these lilies? Does anyone actually know what they are called or what the look like? Looking up the description online comes up with alot of different lilies with different variations of patterns. I plan on lining my driveway with lilies, one side daylilies, the other asiatic lilies, although i'm not sure how it'll look or if it'll work( my driveway is a steep hill and the flowers I planted grew at the top of the hill and at bottom but did nothing on actual sloped part). I'm an impatient person and waiting a year to see what the flower looks like and then trying to find out the name just seems like forever. Thanks to anyone who can halp or has any idea at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is a 'cherry vanilla lily'?

Unfortunately, many plants are called lilies that aren't.

Many common names vary regionally so without the latin name it is hard to know what they are.

o

I went to their website and looked at the plants. Many of the names are made up and there is no further information. Ridiculous.

o

better homes and gardens has it listed on their web site. However, when I go there, I have not seen the flower you refer to. I know on PCH they do list a cherry vanilla Lilly

you might talk with better homes and gardens and see what they have and if they can show you what they look like

http://www.bhg.com/garden-store/catalogsearch/result/?q=Cherry++Vanilla++Lily

Here is a link that might be useful: better homes and gardens

o

I just received mine in the mail from Publishers Clearing House. They appear to be a white oriental lily with a reddish/purple/pink center. It's hard to tell from the bag if it is an Oriental or Daylily but since it is bulbs I would say Oriental. They also sent a daylily called Wild Horses which I had to look up because there isn't a picture on the bag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here