Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is horrible white fuzz on tango lily? (three pics)

Posted by lisasmall 7a NoVa (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 18:15

Oh, ICK! I have two Tango Lily 'Cappucino' in a pot together and they both have this. Another lily about five feet away is getting it. Is this an insect thing? a disease thing? What? What? I didn't find any images on Google. Thank you for looking; these are clickable to much larger versions:

All the buds:

Close-up, note it is where stalks join main stem, too:

The plant that is just starting to show it:

Here is a link that might be useful: Same Lily Photos Via Photobucket / LisaSmall

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is horrible white fuzz on tango lily? (three pics)

"What? What?"

Nothing wrong - some lilies are simply more like Esau than Jacob

o

Kayman, thank you! Well, it certainly comes as a surprise to me. It's very hard to believe this is normal, but I am new to lilies and everything they do surprises me at this point.

And this went beyond surprise to shock. :)

o

Your links aren't working, and your Photobucket account is marked private. I'm wondering if Kayman even could see your photos. Fix your links and perhaps you'll get a serious answer.

Lainey

o

Lainey, the links for all three photos worked perfectly when I answered - or else I would not have done so. Nor does an answer have to be po-faced to be accurate.

Hair at the axils of leaves and flower pedicels, as well as on young flower buds, is a strong indication of L. davidii in the background of an asiatic hybrid. But then, most asiatic hybrids can claim that.

o

BotanyBabe, the links are fine, and haven't changed since I posted this. Perhaps photobucket was down for a few minutes, which happens sometimes.

I got an excellent (and entertaining) answer from Kayman May 30.

Thank you for trying to be helpful, particularly re photobucket not allowing direct access.

o

I stand corrected, Kayman. I postulated that she had a case of mealybug, because the photo links did not work and I couldn't see what she meant. But you are right about davidii. Sorry, I lost my sense of humor there for a moment.

Lainey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here