Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flutternut

My Asiatics are dying!!! Help!!!

flutternut
13 years ago

Hi. I'm new here. I have had a lily garden for several years and have been adding to it as the time passes. I have several Asiatic lilies, which are my favorite. However, some of them are turning brown from the ground up and dying. My Trumpeter lily is doing this as well. Not all of my lilies are doing this, but most of the ones that are affected are Asiatics. I just want to cry. My garden is 8x8 and the lilies are dispersed throughout the garden.

At first I thought they were just frostbitten since I wasn't home to cover them the couple nights that it frosted, but now I am worried it's something else. I dug one up and the bulb was soft on the outer petals but firm underneath the 1st layer. I cut a stalk off and slit it open to see if there were any bugs, but there wasn't! My ground isn't any more wet than usual. It has rained a lot lately, so I haven't been watering them. I do have cedar mulch, but it has been there for years. (Is that bad?)

I'm certainly not a knowledgeable gardener. My garden is my hobby and I pick things up as I go. If anyone has any advice, please respond.

Thank you!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor