Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first pic of the season

Posted by jaceysgranny 7aAR (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 21:20

Hi ya'll, I posted my first pic of Lollipops on the Gallery if anyone wants to take a look.
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first pic of the season

Thanks for sharing your lily pics. They are all pretty. I wish mine are blooming too. Right now, my lilies look like this:

Lily Buds

o

Thank you! It won't be long before you'll be seeing blooms too. I have a lot that still look like that too and am waiting on pins and needles to see them again. They are my favorite bulbs.
Nancy

o

lilies are my favorite flower and this year I bought japanese toad lilies and am excited to get them in the ground. You look like a avid grower, have you ever had problems with rabbits and squirrels eating the roots? I've read up on the bulbs how chicken cages work great but am wondering if they will go after the rhizome rooted lilies.
Enjoy every beautiful flower you will get!

o

I've not had problems with squirrels or rabbits eating the bulbs. Rabbits eat the tops but normally only on my daylilies. I have been missing a few buds the last couple of days and suspect deer since my DH found a few prints outside today right by one of my lilies. We live in the woods so have all kinds of critters. There are squirrels everywhere but there's usually plenty to feed them and they try to eat all of the birdseed. I'm heartbroken when something doesn't come back up, aren't you? I hope you don't have any problems. Last year I had lily beetles terribly but they only attacked a large group cannas.
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here