Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauralou87

Unhappy peace lilly.

lauralou87
15 years ago

My name is Laura. Indoor gardening and balcony gardening is a new hobby for me. I've been at it for about a year/ year and a half. Indoors I have two peace lillies, three phal orchids, a pine variation bonzai, lucky bamboo, brown spider wart, aloe, and an easter lilly. Outside I am growing lavendar from seeds, I have mini roses, and various other flowers in one big pot.

OKAY... on to the confusing plant. I got it as a gift last Christmas. I already had another peace lilly about twice it's size. The one I'm have issues with is about 11x11in.

It gets adequate light, I don't over/underwater it, but I did recently switch to time release ferilizer. I had been giving it liquid fertilizer before.

The mature leaves have almost a rippled look on the edges. Then, all of the new leaves are sort of shrived and deformed, but still nice and green. They also aren't growing out of the stalks correctly. They almost look stuck out something.

It was growing perfectly before. So, I'm wondering if this is from over fertilizing, or just the wrong fertilizer. After doing some research today, I found out liquid fertilizer is recomended.

So, I repotted it and I'm going to start using the liquid fertilizer once a month. What's weird is my big peace lilly is fine. It's even growing it's first flower sense I bought it.

Help, advice, and/ or comments are definitely needed! Thanks in advance. =)

My email, if you want to reach me that way is laurelflower87@hotmail.com

Comment (1)