Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I save seeds from a bouquet of Lilies?

Posted by christieb199 6 (christieb199@aol.com) on
Thu, Jun 19, 08 at 0:03

Hello,

My S.O got me a bouquet of white lilies for my birthday, wow do they smell amazing, scents up the entire first floor of the house!

Anyways, first I am wondering if I can save the seeds from these beauties, and if I can, how do I?

Where will the seeds be located if these lilies produce seed?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to have lilies like this on my kitchen table daily, I wonder how much the bouquet cost him, lol.

Christie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I save seeds from a bouquet of Lilies?

Christie, the Lilies you received are most likely Orientals 'Casablanca'. They are very common and cheap. You can buy their bulbs at any big box store locally in spring or fall. This is a hybrid Lily and it will not come true to type from seeds. Besides, it is virtually impossible to collect seeds from the cut flowers. Also, Lilies bloom once a year. The regular time for Orientals to bloom is July. Your Lilies were forced to bloom in June. So you will not be able to "have lilies like this on your kitchen table daily".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here