Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
move to sun

Posted by anna_lisa Quebec (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 2:22

Hi I have 6 lillium 3 in the sun and 3 in the shade the ones in the sun are doing very well. The ones in the shade are not they are not bushy at all hardly any leaves they did flower beautiful last year but they were new bulbs in the shade but this year they had slow start and now they don't look good. Can I move them in the fall and put them in the sun and will they come back nice and bushy next year Anna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: move to sun

Yes you can move them in the fall. Make sure you put some bone meal in the planting hole and make sure you have good drainage. They should do better next year in the sun, although most lilies do well in part-shade.

Lainey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here