Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Perfection - delayed bloom?

Posted by outinthegardenallday Zone 7, LI,NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 2:27

Greetings all. About 18 months ago, in the Fall of 2004, I planted a bunch of trumpets. Last year (Summer 2005) Golden Splendour, African Queen and Regale all came up. None of the Pink Perfection bulbs came up.

Well, in doing my daily garden walkabout, I've got what appears to be Pink Perfection coming up. I know from pictures I took last summer that these are "new" arrivals.

Have any of you experienced an appearance delay when planting lilies? I had this happen once before with Silk Road.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ciao,
OITGAD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Perfection - delayed bloom?

Ive had lilies, especially species lilies take a year off. They came up the next year, no problem. I don't know what makes them do that, but our climate is now screwed-up enough that I wouldn't blame them for being confused. They may come up late, or they may come up next year.

Lainey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here