Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Botrytis and copper fungicide - questions

Posted by grandma_gardener_02 z5 PA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 8:01

Do bulbs transmit botrytis? I.e. do I need to dig up bulbs after a bad case of botrytis?
ALSO, is treating it with copper fungicide too toxic? If the copper is in the soil, will it prevent lilies from growing next year?

Really need to know answer to these questions, because I dusted the ground with the copper fungicide after I dug up diseased plants. Can I plant new bulbs in the same area after doing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Botrytis and copper fungicide - questions

Yes, copper is toxic and can lead to many diseases. Just google it and you will know. Just because something is occuring in nature does not mean you should use it anytime and anywhere. Just think, if people after you will want to grow vegetables in this place? Is it really necessary to use chemicals to protect some sickly lilies?

o
additional information

The link below illustrates copper toxicity:

Here is a link that might be useful: What can copper make damage to

o

As with anything, it is all a matter of dosage - drink enough water and it can kill you too.

Here is a link that might be useful: a more reasoned approach to copper fungicides

o

I would still recommend drinking unpolluted water. It is extremely rare somebody dies because of drinking pure water. Poisoned water is not good to drink for anybody. I do not have a link to support it, so you choose yourself if you believe it or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here