Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whatever happened to Lilium majoense

Posted by davidrt28 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 08 at 8:24

And the various other Chinese lilies that appeared on the market around 2003, but only for a couple years.
IIRC even Wayside was once selling L. majoense, which kind of resembled Lilium nepalense. Now I can't find any nursery, even a specialty one, that has those plants. I thought by now growers in this country would have built up stocks. Have I not waited long enough?
L. majoense grew fine for me, but, when I moved gardens in winter due to a home sale in 2006, I was not able to locate the bulb.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whatever happened to Lilium majoense

It has been one of my most favorite species and is thriving very well in my garden.

It should be available shortly as I've been distributing seed of it.

R

o
RE: whatever happened to Lilium majoense

• Posted by hld6 z7 MD (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 20, 08 at 23:22

Hi Riz,

I think I have some of your majoense "babies" growing from seed from the NALS seed exchange. Thanks for donating!

They are happily in a window box on my porch. Most have their true leaf now. Can you tell me how long it takes to flower from seed?

-Helen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here