Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will it ever stop raining?

Posted by lepages 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 10:04

It's been raining almost everday for the last two weeks! Everything is lush and green but now I've noticed that some of my lilies are starting to yellow at the bottom. I know that eventually it will stop raining and the hopefully the plants will recover. Is there anything I should do to help them recover? Or should I just wait it out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will it ever stop raining?

soo much rain,Its almost depressing and its going to continue the rest of the week.Ive noticed the lowest leaves on some of my oriental lilies are also yellowing but I can't remember weather or not this is normal,I am a little concerned. soil is completely saturated.

o
RE: Will it ever stop raining?

I know what you mean! England must look like this. The green stuff is all very lush but the flowers are not blooming. I think many more of my irises will rot this year. So far the lilies look OK but I notice that they are creating fewer buds than usual: established ones too. Like Asiatics with big thick stems and 1-4 buds whereas last year the same lilies had more like 9.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here