Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you BUY lily bulbs????

Posted by moser z5 IA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 15:42

I'm especially interested in asiatic lilies, but I'd consider any type of lily. I do searches all over the Web and I come up with a handful of sites that sell bulbs, and they're all pretty much the same. I see unusual asiatics growing in other people's gardens, or see photos of all kinds of asiatics, but where can you BUY them???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you BUY lily bulbs????

Try
lilynook.mb.ca
bdlilies.com
thelilygarden

They are among the best in unusual selection.
Also look out for buggycrazy on ebay in the fall. She sells large bulbs at very good prices.

o

I second the list above, and there's also:
plantlilies.com
s-wgardens.com
Both are Canadian companies but ship worldwide, not to mention the value of your dollar.

Also:
hwhyde.co.uk
This one has a great selection of new ones and is in the UK and last year phyto's were free and very easy to get in.

o

I order my bulbs from The Lily Garden, except for my Martagon Lilies, which I get from Klehm's Songsparrow Farm.

o

I ordered my lilies last year from John Scheepers/Van Engelen. They don't seem to have as big a variety as in the past, though. But, I have no complaints about the size and condition of the bulbs they ship.

This year, I'm going to order from The Lily Garden. They are pricier, but they have some cultivars that I really want.

Susan

o

moser, where are you located in Iowa? I have been finding mine in the stores and nurseries, though it's now getting past time for the stores to carry them. I've seen them at Lowes, WalMart, KMart, etc. already potted and either in bloom or ready to bloom. However, one takes their chances with lilies bought from a non-nursery vendor as you may know.

Maybe you've been looking for bulbs when they've been selling as plants lately? The best time to find bulbs locally is in spring, as soon as they hit the stores as the good ones (e.g. Casa Blanca, Stargazer) go first. You'll be buying them probably before you can work the ground as the stores get them early in the season.

Try Earl May or a local, quality landscape & nursery. My favorite is www.countrylandscapes.com. I've seen more lilies in their greenhouse than what they list on their website. Good luck!

o

nice info. thanks guys. im from the philippines. im looking for asiatic lily bulbs. im gonna try planting them here in tropical climate. i dont know if it will live though

thanks,been a big help.

o

any more suggestions for websites that ship lily bulbs worldwide?

o

I bought lilies last fall from Fogbelt Growers, and the bulbs were absolutely beautiful--really big and healthy-looking. As far as I can tell, everything the rabbits didn't get first is doing well. I'd certainly buy from them again.

o

bdlilies are awesome!

o

I found this wonderful site yesterday www.thelilygarden.com they will have a bew catalog out in a few weeks.

Bygbaby

Here is a link that might be useful: The Lily Garden

o

This site has useful links to on line lily nurseries.

Lots of luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lilies

o

Have you tried Park Seed & Wayside Gardens? They are both here in Greenwood, SC where I live.They sell nice size bulbs, have a guarentee.Ive gotten alot of nice & different varieties from them,maybe not the newest varieties,In fact 10 years ago before the war (nasty divorce) I had a huge bed w/ 70 different varieties of asiatic & orientals.I got awarded my "garden" in the divorce, the judge laughed, said he'd never had someone ask for all their plants as a settlementand trade antique furniture for them... I had 1000s of different daffodils,Allium gigantiums.. anyway... 3 weeks later, after I had big beds dug in my moms back yard to hold til I found a new place that wasnt an apt., I went over there w/ a truck,wheelbarrow etc. & the EB (Evil buzzard) had gotten on his tractor and plowed up everybody in every bed I had & I had alot.... but thats OK, cos Ive since met a real man and we're building one bed at a time .. and Park at Festival of Floweres time here, end of June has a HUGE bulb and plant sale, lillies for 10 -25 cent a piece ,YES, bulbs that go for $5 -10 in the catalouge... but, check them out and if your in the area check out thier garden shop.big discounts all the time...... Judy

o

I was ripped off twice by Park Seed and will never buy from them again. (Not on lilies but on various perennials/clematis/shrubs) More than half died or arrived dead and they did not refund nor replace. Several of us on another forum ordered at the same time and we all got a bunch of dead stuff.

o

Ditto. Lily bulbs from Park's and Wayside are small, dehydrated, and often not true to name. Check out their feedback on Garden Watchdog.

o

• Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 20, 09 at 17:38

The Lily Nook in Canada has fantastic variety.

Brent and Becky's have a nice selection of lily bulbs.

o

Here is another source. Too late for this year, but...

Here is a link that might be useful: Faraway Flowers

o
Where do you BUY lily bulbs????

Here is a new place that will be selling wonderful Minnesota hybrids and martagons in the fall. Many of their bulbs are from the gardens of Hartle & Gilman.

Here is a link that might be useful: Summer Chase

o
And another place

Here is another new place that sell wonderful Minnesota Hybrids and martagons in the fall. A lot of their stock is from the gardens of Hartle & Gilman

Here is a link that might be useful: Summer Chase

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here