Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After eight lilies in trouble?

Posted by mattie93 lower alabama (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 16:47

I'm recently decided id try my hand at taking care of plants. Sadly one of the flowering plants I bought, after eight lilies, bloomed very well but now the flowers have died off which was expected. But now I have only one leaf and two small new growth leaves left on the plant' Did I do something wrong? The leaves were fallen around the pot when I came home from work yesterday. Will they survive if I repot them or do I just need to leave them in the pot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After eight lilies in trouble?

Usually, when potted lilies are either too wet or too dry, the leaves will turn yellow and fall quite rapidly. After Eights seem to be real sensitive about being too wet(for me anyway). I would suggest putting the plant in a semi shaded spot where it is a little cooler and keep it just barely moist. With lilies, being a little drier is always better than being too wet. Keep the stem and leaves just as they are and then plant it out in the garden this fall. Since this lily was 'forced' to flower early in a nursery greenhouse, some loss of leaves after flowering is not all that unusual. while the plant adjusts to the outside world. It won't grow anymore new leaves from the main stem(s) this year, but don't be surprised if you see new little baby plants come up--After Eights multiple pretty fast!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here