Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Height of Tom Pouce, Muscadet, Marco Polo?

Posted by gardenfanatic MO zone5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 27, 06 at 17:02

In your personal experience, how tall do these lilies get? Thanks,

Deanna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Height of Tom Pouce, Muscadet, Marco Polo?

• Posted by hld6 z7 MD (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 27, 06 at 18:58

Hi Gardenfanatic,

Muscadet is a relatively short Oriental but not a dwarf or miniature (like Mona Lisa). The Muscadet I have are budded out and close to (but under) 3 feet. My mother's Muscadet are similar. Most of my Orientals are 4'-5'.

I have a pale pink Oriental "Aruba" that is very similar to Marco Polo. Aruba is a taller than normal Oriental. Sellers that list the other Orientals at 4' give it a height of 5'. Mine regularly reach six feet tall. John Scheepers/Van Engelen have it for sale this Fall if you were looking for a tall plant.

Heights listed are for mature established bulbs and even then differ with garden conditions (some obvious, like sun and moisture, others unknown) and vagaries of a particular year's season. Heck, I have "Siberia" at two different ends of a long bed. One set is doing great and is over 4.5' tall, the other is struggling with no obvious cause. So, go figure. I'll probably dig them up add more soil amendments (peat moss) and hope that does the trick

-Helen

o
RE: Height of Tom Pouce, Muscadet, Marco Polo?

Muscadet is suppose to be between 25 to 30" tall. Mine is around 30". Tom Pounce is suppose to be between 36 to 48" tall & mine is 36". I think size has to do with how much they like the soil they are in. Some of my lilies are much taller than they are suppose to be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here