Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kdjoergensen

Some lily pictures from this year

kdjoergensen
18 years ago

Here are some lily pictures from this year's bloom.

Asiatic Cancun

White spotted asiatic pixie lily

Close-up of Liberty Bell (asiatic)

Mix of various lilies: san souci (bottom front), orange asiatic, chianti, red asiatic, and orange asiatic in back

Left to right: red asatic, Orange asiatic, San Souci, front: Chianti. Apologize for lack of sharpness

Various asiatic lilies

Liberty Bell

Mona Lisa oriental pot lilies (dwarf)

Mix of various lilies, including San Souci (front-left), Lollipop (middle-right), and rhodes (red: left middle)

Asiatic ZEUS

Oriental lily "Rosario"

Asiatic lily "Rhodes"

Orange Asiatic lilies with red Begonia

Various Asiatic lilies in multiple colors

Comments (10)

• parad0x
    18 years ago

Sweet photos! I've got Touching, Red Hot, Mona Lisa, and Muscadet in bud now...just waiting for them to grow a bit larger and bloom!

Todd In Philly

• susanlynne48
    18 years ago

Todd, my 'Red Hot' is blooming, as is 'Touching'. Muscadet should be showing up soon. I also have a white with a yellow rib down the petals. Don't know what it is, it's a mystery I got from Scheepers, but not what I ordered. 'Tom Pouce' is about to bloom as is 'Rosario', 'Rodolfo', 'Casa Blanca'.

Kenneth, your photos are gorgeous! This spring, I bought the double flowering tiger lily 'Flore Pleno'. I don't really expect it to bloom this year, but hopefully next year.

Susan

• girasol1
    18 years ago

wow those pic are great, i hope my get the same I love it

• phylrae
    18 years ago

Kenneth,
    Gorgeous lilies! I'm new to lilies.....Lollipop has its first few blooms....we have ours mostly growing in a raised bed like yours...lost the tags/labels I had for what we planted, so hope I can ID them once they bloom!
    Love your Zeus and Liberty Bell....may I ask where you can buy these ones? Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden. :0) Phyl

• cnid
    18 years ago

KDJ - you called Zeus an asiatic - it reminds me of a tiger cross. Any chance of that being the case?

Great pics. I always look forward to your photos. I finally have one (!!) lily blooming and more to come.

cnid

• kdjoergensen
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Acutally ZEUS is a cross (hybrid) from two species lilies, or rather a species and a cross (hyrbid) of a species.

The parentage includes pollen from lilium chalcedonicum var. maculatum which looks a bit like the red margaton lily (lilium tenuifolium) which has red nodding flowers. This is a species lily. The pod parrent is Lilium x testaceum which itself is a hybrid of the two species L. candidum and L. chalcedonicum (dating back from early 1800's). If you ever happen upon a Lilium testaceum be sure to keep me in mind. I would really love one of those.

To my knowledge it is not related to lancifolium (tiger lily) in any way.

• frank53
    15 years ago

OK...Just sent a follow up for help but since I was not a member, it is lost in cyberspace. I just joined so hopefully this will be responded to.
    Have a very tall (68") lily, probably a "stargazer" and it has two stems. It has, not kidding, over 15 flowers of which half are now in bloom. My question is this...is this highly unusual or do lilies get this tall with so many blooms. It is about 4 or five years old. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks...your newest member...Frank

• philomena
    15 years ago

Welcome Frank !
    It's hard to reply exactly, as you haven't really given too much detail. While there are plenty of tall lilies, some over seven and eight feet tall, stargazers don't often get quite that tall - what color are the flowers ? Any chance you can post a link to a picture ? Many lilies get even more blooms that 15, so it's not all that unusual, if it's a happy lily. Since it has 2 stems, that generally indicates the lily bulb has been well-fed and is strong, and so has developed into 2 bulbs.

• frank53
    15 years ago

Philomena,
    You have been very helpful and have answered my question.
    The lilies are pink with white edges and similar to the photo of the "Oriental Lily" posted on this page. Thank you again and happy belated birthday to you.
    Frank

• philomena
    15 years ago

You are very welcome - and thanks for the b-day wishes :-)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting