Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any suggestions where I can buy Lily bulbs now?

Posted by annabeth Zone 8 No Cal inland (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 07 at 18:23

We just got title to our new home and I would've liked to have had some some 'Orania' Orienpet lilies this year. I meant to order them from Brent & Becky's but they aren't shipping anymore this season. I guess by the time everything settled down in my life and I wanted to turn my attention to my new garden, it was too late for me! I also wanted some 'Muscadet' bulbs.

If no one has any suggestions, how about to those of you growing these varieties, please post pics of them on the gallery side of this forum? At least I can enjoy them vicariously through you guys. Thanks.

Annabeth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any suggestions where I can buy Lily bulbs now?

A reputable seller will not sell Lilies at this time of the year. Many sellers (including Brent & Becky's) started selling bulbs for the fall shipment. You can buy potted Lilies at your local garden centers though.
As for pictures, it is too early for them to bloom. Maybe, someone can post pictures of the previous years' blooms.

o
RE: Any suggestions where I can buy Lily bulbs now?

• Posted by hld6 z7 MD (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 23, 07 at 0:12

Alina is right that it is late to plant lily bulbs. However, it will soon be the perfect time to buy potted lilies. Check your local nurseries for their selection. You probably won't be able to find Orania, but Muscadet should be available. I've seen them at Lowe's and Home Depot stores in the past.

Right now most of the big box stores have potted LA's (Longiflorum - Asiatics) for sale. Their orientals should come out soon, if they aren't out already.

-Helen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here