Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Short Red Asians and first Mrs. R. O. Backhouse

Posted by aliska12000 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 19:38

Two people near me are growing them. Does anybody know what they are? I was going to photograph 2 high terraces 6 blocks away where they had bad mudslides spilling out onto the sidewalk and one blocking part of the street, whole terraces a total gaping mess, a real shame, and never saw anything like it here before. Anyway, I spotted these pretty lilies, again on the bottom tier of a high terrace, the various levels were shored up tiers of railroad ties.

Maybe they aren't Asians, just know they aren't daylilies.

This one would be nice to grow because it doesn't get tall enough to lean.

The second is my Mrs. R. O. Backhouse. I'm a little disappointed with the smallish bloom, expected it to be larger. It's my first season with her, and she should get a little taller. At best, I expect more blooms but no increase in bloom size. I do love the color of the blooms and buds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Short Red Asians and first Mrs. R. O. Backhouse

The first one might be Asiatic 'Crimson Pixie'.

o
RE: ID Short Red Asians and first Mrs. R. O. Backhouse

By george, I think you nailed it! Bless you. My photo has more buds, but I can call around locally first. These people around here usually buy at the big box places, not always.

Thank you!!! I did try to google myself and got nowhere with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here