Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelica11_gw

New Lily may have root rot

Angelica11
9 years ago

So, I went to a hardware store/nursery and bought a couple of lilies (dwarf asiatics) that seemed healthy. They weren't the best quality, but I assumed with a little TLC, they would spring back to normal pretty fast. I got two dwarf asiatic hybrids. One of them is thriving, all the blooms are open and vibrant and the leaves are glossy and healthy. I wish I could say the same for the other one... The other one I got was maybe 30 cm tall, almost double the size of my other two. When I was planting it, the roots were slightly mouldy, but not black and rotten, so I didn't suspect root rot right there. I got them about a week ago. Then, when I looked at it closer, I noticed the buds were rotten and... not normal..... I pulled them off, along with some yellow leaves, and left the plant. The tips of some of the flower petals are blackened. I immediately thought of overwatering, so I haven't watered that one since I got it, and I picked off all of the buds/leaves that went bad, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to help this poor plant...?

UPDATE: I haven't watered it since I got it. Should I water it now? The leaves are turning yellow at the base of the stem and I tear those ones off. Should I be doing this?

This post was edited by Angelica11 on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 10:15

Comments (4)