Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can all lilies be propagated by leaves?

Posted by Grantgarden2 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 21:52

Hello, i was wondering can all lilies be propagated by leaves? If it is possible how did you do it? Also did you have any success with that if you have done it before?
Here is a link that i found about doing it.
http://www.growingthehomegarden.com/2009/05/propagating-asiatic-lilies-from-leaves.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can all lilies be propagated by leaves?

Had never heard of this, if you try it please let us know results.

o

Awesome I'm gonna try this myself. Thanks for the link!
I love lilies and wanted lots more as they can fit just
about anywhere between plants! THANK YOU!!!!!
Rena'

o

hahaha no problem please try it out! All my lilies got chopped down by a mower by an accident so i cant try this out :(. Please let me know what the results were.

o

I was going thru posts just today (looking for another)that I had commented on and found this one and that you had replied back. Sorry my reply is so late! It is hard to find posts when you skip all over the place commenting. lol So sorry your lilies got chopped down! Hopefully they had enough food stored to come back next year. I will report back!

o

do you think they mean propagating from lily scales? I have never heard of using leaves and am extremely sceptical that it can be done whereas scale propagation is reliable and easy.

o

Campanula did you copy and paste the link that Grant provided? It goes into great detail with pics. You can also do the same thing with Eucomis. I had just never heard of it before this with lilies. There are quite a few plants this method does work with.

P.S. Grant haven't forgotten about you if this works for me I will send you some of the bulbils.

Rena'

o

Rena thanks for replying back. I would love to have some of your Bulbils if any grow. Can you please put some of your pictures up as you do the "experiment". So i can try it next year. Thanks Grant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here