Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Oriental Lillies

Posted by ihrtdahlias Wa (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 22:59

Hello, I have grown dahlias for years and am new to lillies. I do have several now and the tops of some of them seem to have rotted, the buds and the whole top. What could becausing this?
Thank You, KayC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Oriental Lillies

Kay,
Sounds like botrytis blight. Have you had a lot of rain lately? It is a fungal infection that requires you remove the leaves and then spray to keep the rest of foliage clean.

Here is a link that might be useful: botrytis

o

Hello, Thank you for your reply. We have had cooler then normal temps. The leaves look fine but it is the very tops and buds look rotten. Do I still take all the leaves off and what do I spray with? Thank You, KayC

o

Only remove the brown rotted looking tops and buds and then spray. The green that is left will help feed the bulb for next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here