Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangeasnohio

Some of my Lily Pictures

hydrangeasnohio
13 years ago

Here is some pictures of my Lilies in my yard.

Comments (10)

• newnewnie
    13 years ago

Wow! They are all gorgeous! Do you know all of their names? I'd like to know so I can look for a couple of them in the future :)

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

I believe I have the same ones as those in photos 4,5 & 9, but absolutely love all the others you have here too! I would love to find some light sunny yellow ones like the one in your last pic. Thanks for sharing!

• flora2b
    13 years ago

Your pics are just gorgeous, particularly love the tangos.
    Sadly, the pink asiatic, 5th from the bottom looks to have tulip breaking disease, possibly the last pic as well. Checkout this article to see what you think......also try googling it, it can be transfered from rembrandt type tulips.

Here is a link that might be useful: tulip breaking virus

• jaceysgranny
    13 years ago

They're all beautiful! I especially like the first one and the pink one that may have virus. That is a shame!

• unclehead_gw
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful ! Don't you wish you could make them last longer? Mine usually last a week.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Flora! After I read your post I did some research about Tulip Breaking Virus. I assure you that lily will be going in the trash in the morning! I have close to a thousand tulip bulbs and would be devistated if they were to get this virus. I purchased that particular lily early last year, I hope it came from the nursery that way and I don't have the virus spreading through out my beds. All of the tulips have died to the ground this season so I have no way of knowing if they are infected until next year. Thank you so much for the heads up! I hope I caught this soon enough and none of my other bulbs are infected. But just to be safe should I be treating all my bulbs for this? I read about different types of "oil" treatments but really I'm not positive what I should do. If you have any pointers or advice I would be happy to hear them!

• flora2b
    13 years ago

I don't know of any 'oil' treatments, the suggestion is usually to not grow them near each other....particularly the rembrandt type tulips as they get their unique coloration from the virus...I don't think it hurts the tulip otherwise.
    I have only dug out and destroyed what lilies I have that show these symptoms...it kinda hurts, but better safe than sorry. Also disinfect your tools afterwards.
    Sorry :-(

• pamghatten
    13 years ago

Wonderful pictures ... sorry to read about the virus.

• pippi21
    13 years ago

How did they get Tulip breaking virus when they are Daylilies? Never heard of it so I'm curious.

• jlk7807
    13 years ago

These are gorgeous! I love lily's, they are my absolute favorite flower!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction