Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more photos--OT lilies

Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 1:13

The pink one is Baywatch. The white one at the front of the line is Gizmo. The big lilies are only 1+ year old plants. They are doing very well. Hope they don't get too tall, I like them 4 -5'.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more photos--OT lilies

They're just beautiful. I bet it smells heavenly.

o

Wow. Those are huge! My one year old plants are never more than two feet tall.

o

I'm enjoying all your photos. Such lovely, healthy-looking lilies. Great color combination.

Kate

o

Very nice!

o

Mine never grow so nice and straight.

o

Beautiful lilies. I have ordered a few and was wondering how close do you plant them? I see that yours are fairly close and I love the look. Only hope mine will look like yours someday.

o

• Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 10:47

I planted these 12" - 15" apart. They are in rows since this is not my landscaped garden, it's my production garden. Nice, neat, orderly rows here, ha ha.

I think they grow straight because it's a good blend of sunlight and shade here, and this is the one garden I've got with good soil.

My other garden's, I've had to haul in soil and soil amendments.

o

May I ask what exactly are the names of the dark pink ones. I have a garden in full sun (iowa), do you think they will work there? Also how well do they spread, do I need to start with alot of bulbs to make a good showy lily clump?
Thanks

o

It looks like Starfighter to me, but there are several varieties nearly identical.

o

The dark pink ones (?) are Baywatch. I am talking about the pink ones, I don't consider them a dark pink.

The red ones with white edge are Flashpoint and they are FABULOUS. They are NOT Starfighter which is an Oriental.

Flashpoint is one of the new Oriental-Trumpet hybrids and it will do just fine in Iowa.

Pure Orientals do not do well here in St. Louis.

o

Flashpoint is a beauty. First year in my garden and even my hubby noticed it.

o

because the picture is now gone, tell me what an ot lily is?

o

because the picture is now gone, tell me what an ot lily is?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here