Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone please tell me what lily I have?

Posted by mbetts 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 10, 08 at 13:05

It's very tall, about five feet, and has a purple blossom, with a wonderful fragrance. The blossom is much longer than other lilies I have. It hasn't bloomed yet this year.
I bought this lily years ago, but I didn't write down its name, and the garden store where I got it is no longer in business! I really love it, and I wish it would spread, but it doesn't seem like it wants to.
I'd love to know its name. I am hoping that perhaps someone could ID it, just based on the description.
Anyone have an idea? If I knew some possible names, maybe I could google them and find some pictures to make sure.
Thanks much.
Betts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone please tell me what lily I have?

Please post a pic so we can help josh

o

Betts, I agree with Joshua - it is very difficult to ID without a picture. There is a new Lily 'Purple Prince' released last year. Try to find its pictures. Please note that they might be badly doctored. It is an Orienpet, so it might have nice fragrance and larger blooms.

o

The lily I am trying to ID has bloomed, and it is beautiful. I have tried to post a picture using photobucket. It's my first try. I'm crossing my fingers. Here goes!
mbetts
http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/MBetts_pictures/Garden/

Here is a link that might be useful: Lilies

o
I think I have it right?

This is a second try with photobucket. Sorry for the first one!
Betts
Lily 2

o

Some kind of Trumpet Lily, probably 'Regale'.

o

Looks like my Regals. They should multiply if happy. Mine aren't on the east side and lean really badly.

Old House Gardens has one I like better if it blooms true. The stripe is darker than mine but looks the same otherwise. It's called Black Dragon. Rather pricey but if I want a lily badly enough I will pay, just get fewer and hope they multiply for me.

Just posted on another thread recommending Old House Gardens. I don't have any connection with them, just had pretty good luck with them, and all but one scilla came up in the spring and one the count was right but lily is different, said they'd give me credit, I don't care, will see if it's a white martagon and blooms next year. A big screwup and I'd want replacements or refund, don't sweat the small stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Dragon at Old House Gardens

o

I just wanted to say that I purchased from Old House Gardens and was very pleased and will buy again from them.

o

Most likely 'Pink Perfection', a very reliable, tall and extremely fragrant trumpet hybrid that has been around for years. Color is variable, but generally of a smokey pink tone that has a lavender/purple cast. Darker in more shade than sun.

Here is a link that might be useful: lily 'Pink Perfection'

o

Thanks! I looked at pictures, and I think it is probably Pink Perfection.
mbetts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here