Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Oriental Color Parade, First Bloom (1 pic)

aliska12000
15 years ago

As usual, it isn't as pretty as the catalog version, and the edges are a little wavy but not as much as theirs, also a little curled so gave it some water, way behind on mulching because I have to get more Grass B Gon (it works) to treat that new bed, then loosen the soil and finish mulching.

I was hoping it would have more lavender tones in it, but it's still pretty. They're only about a foot tall, planted late spring, so lucky I got to see a bloom at all this year, the blooms are quite large. Maybe it's the ph of my soil which is probably a little acid, but I don't want to mess with it unless I get it tested.

Anybody know what the best ph is for this kind of lily?

Online catalog photo at link, got 15, think they were half price, can't remember, will dig out the old statement. All 15 came up, several have one bud, some don't have any this year. Just opened between yesterday and today. The buds are at right angles to the plant, greenish, then turn pink and turn upright just before they bloom. Maybe my other orientals do that, too, should have paid more attention.

{{gwi:1036769}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Oriental Color Parade (Wild's)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional