Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving Lilies now

Posted by jonjon 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 05 at 15:12

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving in 3 weeks and plan to take my lilies with me. There are trumpets as well as asiatics and orientals. They are all in heavy bud now and should flower at the time I move.

It's not the best time to move them but I have no choice, what is the best way of moving them? I plan to cut off the flowers for indoors, then dig them up as best I can and plant them on the same day in my new garden. Should I heel them in a shady spot till the die down in the fall, then replant them in a sunny location, or just put them directly in their permanent spot? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving Lilies now

Just plant them in their parment spot but water well for a few days. If you can make a make-shift shade structure for a day or two, that will help the transition, too. Remember to dig and leave soil near the stem as to not disturb the feeder roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here