Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ljrmiller

NEVER thought I'd say this:

ljrmiller
16 years ago

I think I have too many lilies. I started planting more Orienpets, and they are amazingly sturdy. They grow taller and come back more reliably than all my other lilies. They are also fragrant. To me, it's a scent similar to gardenias.

And there's the problem: I like the scent of gardenias, but with as many lilies as I planted (over a dozen), it's overwhelming in my small, enclosed back garden!

Can I bear to remove even one of the lilies? Absolutely not! They are also too beautiful visually to even think of it. Ah, well...consider this a word of warning before you order 24 or 48 Orienpet bulbs when John Scheepers puts its bulbs on clearance in late Fall.

Comments (3)

• alina_1
    16 years ago

Luckily, not many of them will be left when JS will put them on sale :-)
    I also have too many for my small garden. I do not think it will stop me though... I bought amazingly nice bulbs at a fantastic price at Costco this year. Many nice varieties including some Orienpets. I just know that I will not be able to resist next year if they will have something new...

• jaceysgranny
    16 years ago

I've got lots of space and they are my favorites too. I have maybe 10 different ones and they get healthier each year too but I know I won't ever get enough of them. I love the smell and I can plant them far enough away from the house if it gets to be overwhelming.

Nancy

• lilium_guy56
    16 years ago

OMG!!!! as the saying goes. You have "over a dozen" and that seems like too many to you. I have over 1000 in my yard. The scent mixes just fine with the Roses and everything else. Love Lilies