Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love the blooms! (pics)

Posted by socks12345 Zone 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 18:17

I'm so enjoying the lilies now that they are just starting to bloom. I wanted to share some pictures. It's pretty hot here, so the blooms don't last long. They have a few hours morning sun, shade the rest of the day. Anyone else want to share pictures?

Flashpoint.

Possibly Stargazer or F photo StargazerorFlashpointnotsureJul2013.jpg

First year for Sunny Crown in my garden

photo SunnyCrownJuly1620132.jpg

More Sunny Crown

photo SunnyCrownJuly162013.jpg

Here's First Crown

First Crown jul2013 photo FirstCrownlilyjun2013.jpg

This post was edited by socks12345 on Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 22:13

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love the blooms! (pics)

• Posted by kprp 7a (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 23:30

thanks for sharing, they are so so so beautiful! Isn't Flashpoint a strong growing thing? For me it is! Within the FIRST YEAR it put out bulblets. Crazy. By the end of the second years I was dividing clumps.

o

I just got Flashpoint and planted it in May. It has grown so well with lots of blooms, but they aren't as deep in color as B&D shows in their catalog. More like Stargazer, which is fine.

I'm new to these lilies and am not sure how to handle bulblets. I had a few short spindly ones pop up (6" high). I guess those are the bulblets and I can leave them to return next year. (?)

It's also the first year for Sunny Crown. What a cheerful, pretty flower, and they are lasting pretty well.

Thanks for your reply. Enjoy your lilies.

o

Yes, leave the bulbets and they"ll come back bigger and should flower next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here