Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rescued Lilies

Posted by aquawise zone 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 20:25

My rescued Lilies are really showing off this year. Glad I did not leave them to die from thirst. Scroll to the bottom of my Gallery to see them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gaylas yard/plant Gallery

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rescued Lilies

Oh my, what a lovely whimiscal garden you have!

I just got interested in lilies the past year and am dying to get my hands on more!

o

Enjoyed your yard/plant gallery pics..Love the way you have created various seating areas into your yard..like rooms almost. I'd love to know the names of the following plants you have in your garden. picture#DSCF0015 are those silene's or sweet williams? Peony variety?Kansas or Karl Rosenfeld? Clematis name? Love the sweet william/rose combination. That planter you used for violas/pansies/johnnny jump-ups is perfect. Great idea; I've seen them in mail order catalogs.
Do you do all your art work on your bowling balls?Ilove the little fairy village by the big tree. That is so cute, how did you find such perfect rocks for those ladybugs? Thanks for sharing all with us. You have such nice variety of daylilies. The poppies are spectacular..What is the name of that light orange one?

o

That would be and Heirloom Iris called "Kochii" I just gave away a bunch of little pups from it, very hardy and beautiful Iris. The other one with that # is a Sweet William. The Peony I have no ideas as to the name, It came from the LDS temple up in Manti, Utah. It was one of the first plant planted there when it was built, early 1800's. The clematis? is Walmart buy! No name tag! got it for $2.50. As were the Strawberry pots with the viola planted in them. I just gave them there new paint jobs. There are no Bowling balls!!! the ladybugs are recycled floating lights cut in half. I did do all the artwork!! The other stuff is a recycled gazing ball and old light covers. The poppy is called "Prince of Orange" The daylilies are out doing themselves this year! I rescued them from my Mothers home after my Step father passed away in 2008. Thank you for looking. G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here