Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latvia - Netty's Pride Identical?

Posted by rosalinda Z5b FL NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 20:39

Hi Folks,
This year I grew some Latvia Lilies and some Netty's Pride lilies and I was surprised to see that they are identical - size, shape, color. I though the Latvias were supposed to be green with dark centers and the Netty's Pride white with dark centers, but they are all white with dark centers. They are spectacular, but if I had known they were the same, I would have not bought them both. Does anyone know if they are the same variety under different names?

Thanks,
Rosalinda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latvia - Netty's Pride Identical?

I don't know about Netty's Pride, but my Latvia is yellow with dark centers and dark freckles into the yellow. I will be interested to see what others have.

o

No, they are not the same...

Here's how mine look like.

Latvia

Nettie's Pride

o

Wow Crazy Gardener, those Latvias are BEAUTIFUL! I sure wish I had some, but ALL mine so far look just like picture number 2 - definitely all Netty's Pride. Now the Netty's Pride are also great, and they fit wonderfully in my black and white garden, but I was hoping to put the Latvia's in my new "Citrus" garden (orange, lemon, lime), so the rest of the Netty's Pride will have to join the others in the B&W garden.

I bought 2 bags (6 bulbs total) of the Latvia's from Van Bourgondien, and so far the three that have opened are identical to the Netty's Pride, so I assume they must be the same, but maybe I will get lucky and have SOME of them actually turn out to be Latvia.

Thanks for your help, everyone - much appreciated!

-Rosalinda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here