Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Companion plants

Posted by daydreamernh NH 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 07 at 21:16

I have an empty bed that gets full sun all day. My daughter bought me some lilies and two sedum plants I plan on putting in the ground tomorrow. Any other suggestions. The bed is about 8 foot long by maybe 3 feet wide. I was thinking of some taller lilies in the background.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Companion plants

Do you have a friendly neighborhood? I remember planting some lilies in the front yard, and someone cut it off. Unbelievable.

Mass planting of African daisies (osteospermum) would look nice - they flower throughout winter. Lavenders would match the color of the fence too.

o
RE: Companion plants

Can't believe that you don't have100 posts! What a perfect spot. I assume that this is on a corner, so I would be careful about road salt, but I would plant a mass of lilies/tulips etc. Start by mapping out the various lily heights and bloom time (lots of info on sight about bloom time!) I wouldn't do osteospermum as it doesn't bloom in mid summer, only spring and fall and th rest of the time is a mass of green. Sun or shade, some hosta in the front would look nice and tall phlox in th back. Being so open at least you don't have to worry about ground hogs or deer.--- Faye in MD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here