Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID white lily, please

Posted by johnsaunt 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 16, 09 at 21:40

Sorry no picture. Oriental, white with a pale yellow streak down the center of each petal. It's not quite as tall as my Casa Blancas, but equally fragrant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID white lily, please

Sorry Johnsaunt, lily varieties are getting so numerous, with so many hybrids that it is near impossible to identify even with a picture. Try googling 'amazing' and see if it matches up.....there are simply dozens of orientals that match you description.
Flora

o

Thanks for trying, but that's not it--the yellow stripe on mine is much paler. I didn't realize that there were so many varieties. I'll just enjoy its gorgeous, fragrant flowers and not worry about its name.

o

Johnsaunt,
Just so happens that after I posted, jaceysgranny put a pic on the gallery side called expressions....check it out!
Good choice to just enjoy the beauty....it never lasts near long enough anyways.
Flora

o

Sounds like my Aubade, but I've seen other similar lilies with different names.

Can you tell us where you got it?

o

Thank you, Aliska, that looks very much like mine. I have no idea where I got it! I am getting old and senile, I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure my Casablanca was purchased, but most of my plants are from trades.

Can someone tell me how to post pictures that will show up as Aliska's does? I don't have an account with Photobucket or any of those sites, but I would love to post pictures that are easy to see.

Many thanks, Ginny

o

I mean to modify these instructions as most people use photobucket which gives you the code, but I put this together hoping it would help and tried to make it more all-encompassing and maybe more confusing in the process. There is also somewhere around here which explains the process as well.

Remember you can practice and keep hitting preview until you see that you have got it and your photo will appear if you get it right. If you don't get it yet, just don't hit the submit button and keep trying. It dawns on you in stages, is confusing at first. I first thought photos must show up from my hard drive! We sure wouldn't want that intrusion, but I was naive in those days.

Begin code instructions:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here