Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cant find an ID on these lilies, please help!

Posted by lizzslilies none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 22:14

I have 5 lilys that i dont know the names of. 2 are orientals, 3 are asiatic. if you can help please! Here is # 1 it's an asiatic. (sorry in advance, not sure how to upload more than one at a time)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cant find an ID on these lilies, please help!

Here is #2 it's another asiatic

o

#3 the last asiatic, the coloring is kinda off in the pic. but if you can send me in the right direction, I would be a very happy person.

o

#4 is an oriental, very amazed when it came out white, but happy!

o

#5 oriental also white but I think it looks the same as the 4th but doesn't at the same time.

o

can someone help?

o

Are the asiatic ones dwarfs? May be Orange Pixie and Red Pixie

o

Can't help you with the asiatics, but the last one--white oriental--might be Casa Blanca--very popular oriental, grows about 3-4 ft high, tends to bloom a bit later than most other lilies.

Kate

o

I'm afraid these lilies are very nondescript types and each could be one of several named cultivars. you could put a name to them, but you will never really know if it is really true or not. Sorry. Casa Blanca is all white (no yellow) and has no spots, so that could not be the last one.

o

The last one is an auratum, Gold Band

o

Not auratum in my opinion. None of the typical varieties of L. auratum looks like this. L. auratum and var. platyphyllum have strong reddish dots, var. virginale has much more pronounced yellow ray. It is just one of many hybrids.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here